Monday, February 13, 2006

The Prostitute


In the cold winter night I walk alone
Waiting for someone to come along
Someone who can keep me warm
Perhaps take me to a place where I belong?

The raging fire of desire
From deep within me bursts!
Oh wretched tortured soul
Can anyone quench this thirst!?

No body can ever satisfy
Thy longings never end
Oh my soul imprisoned
When will thy peace descend!?

What has become oh wretched me
Life do I so despair
Trapped in thy own makings
Oh love, can one some spare

Will I ever know love to be true?
Will my heart with happiness beam?
These questions a fire within
Yet no answers forthcoming seem

Night after night I dream the same
Someone to love, someone to care
Yet once more into the cold winter night
I walk alone....

1 comment:

diana christine said...

oh, but stumbling along
in the dark and cold
the prostitute knows not
the love that is so desperately sought
can only be found within...