Saturday, February 18, 2006

An Amazing Reading

I am currently reading a book called 'Mysterious Stranger' by David Blaine. David Blaine is a man who calls himself a street magician. However a lot of his magic is real with no fancy props and comes straight from the heart. It was clear to me when I watched videos of him performing his street magic that David has learnt to master his mind and can do amazing things with it. I admire his talent as a magician and a human being.
One of the sections in Davids book is titled 'A Reading' in which he does a small reading for the reader. Here is the reading exactly as it is printed in my book.



[Quote]
A READING

We went to extraordinary lengths for this book. We actually convinced the publisher to print a number of variations, knowing that greatly diverse people would be reading it. It's not a chance that you're reading this particular version.
    You many know me, but I know you.
    You're a very sensitive type of person.
    When you were younger, you were different from the others around you. You were observant. You'd silently take in a situation and notice things about the people the people in your presence. your intuition is strong.
    You are very caring and honest, sometimes even too much so , but you have great difficulty in letting anybody get to know you. When you finally do let somebody in, you keep him or her close to you for a long time. In fact, theres someone close to you that you're really worried about right now. but the best thing to do is to keep being a positive force in that person's life.
    Sometimes you're overly analytic, but it's better to try to live spontaneously.
    You have a scar on your left knee.
    Now before you begin to think that I'm psychic and can look into the depths of your soul, and do it through this book, let me explain how I was just able to tell you so much about yourself."
[Unquote]


After this he goes on to explain the concepts of how he developed this reading through a technique called 'Cold' reading which is an art of generalization.
What really amazed me however was the accuracy of the reading. Each part of the reading described me in perfect detail and what left me agape was the scar on the left knee line which just so also happens to be true. It left me wondering whether one can really know or plan the future so much in advance as to actually tailor make a reading for a future reader. I know the universe works in complete harmony and I believe in synchronistic events. I have had such events happen to me before and it is not uncommon for me to pick up a book or read something in a magazine that contains an answer to a question that I have been sincerely seeking. The universe does respond to your every genuine need. However the answers only come when the seeker is truly ready to grasp the truth of it. I would like to believe this reading was meant for me and it did help me understand a part of me I wasn't aware of.

"Sometimes you're overly analytic, but it's better to try to live spontaneously."

I do have a very analytical mind that always tries to reason out and understand things. This leaves little room for spontaniety. This is something I definitely needed to bring into focus. I thank you David for this beautiful reading and for all the work that you do to inspire and uplift us.
God Bless.

Link to some of David Blaines street magic videos http://www.metacafe.com/tags/david_blaine

No comments: