Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tomorrow is another new day...


Everyday I seem to rot away
In the clutches of my fear
The same old stuff tossed about
Thrown again in a different gear

Everyday the same old struggle
Everyday the same old pain
Oh when will this accursed dark night end!
My heart aches for a gentler refrain

How I long for a gentle touch
Someone to ease this numbing ache
Yet the world blind to my sorrow
Goes on unfeeling for my sake

Someone I wish would hold my hand today
Someone to lead me through these alleys dark
That I may not stumble and fall
And loose whats left of my heavenly spark

Oh lord I pray with all my heart
Grant me the strength that I may endure
All these tests that come my way
So one day I may be like thee pure

Promise me thy love in return
For all the painful seeds I sow
That one day they may blossom true
And into a fruit filled tree grow

With this hope in my heart
It goes on beating come what may
After all like I always say
Tomorrow is another new day....

1 comment:

diana christine said...

how beautifully expressed. how painfully honest and open is this...

just today i wrote a poem about my own experience with storms. i was on a 3-mile hike this morning, stopped and sat on a curb to write the beginning stanza that came to me as i walked, and tonight finished the writing of the words.

i wish you blessings, deep and rich blessings, as you find your way with your own struggles...

thank you for sharing the depth of your experience with the rest of us, as you bring to us our own strength and learning in your sharing. thank you for all you do...