Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ann with an e of Green Gables



Today I watched a movie that opens up your mind to the possibilities of imagination. It is a story about Anne, an orphaned child, who possesses a very vivid imagination and shows no restraint in expressing it via the medium of her tongue. Her world is made up of beautiful and perfect things. She sees beauty and charm in everything and wants everything around her to be beautiful and charming. She wants flashy dresses with puffy sleeves, she wants a 'bosom' friend to whom she can bare her all and one who will love her till the 'sun and moon shall endure', she wants green hills and forests and orchards with flowers and lakes that shine, she wants her hair to be golden and her name spelled elegantly Ann with an e. Whenever she finds herself in despair or a difficult situation she lets her imagination take wings and all is well again. Her world is made up of beautiful dreams and whoever comes into her world becomes a part of it.

That’s exactly how I felt when I watched this sweet and charming movie. Her dreams became a part of me. I could identify with her visions of charm and beauty and everything being perfectly divine. It seems to me that we all have a desire within us to have all things beautiful and to be all things beautiful. This is because it is the truth of us and in truth we are all that we envision ourselves to be and much more that we perhaps can not imagine because of the limits that bind our imagination. I believe that one day we will all become that which we truly desire to be....the perfect expression of the divine in all of its beauty and grandeur. All beautiful poems are an expression to capture this beauty and divinity that lies deep within us though words by their very nature are a very limited means of expression. Only in the depths of the heart can this beauty be truly experienced in all its fullness and only through the medium of the heart can it be truly expressed in all its loveliness. I know in my heart that one day all Anne’s dreams and all of our dreams will come true and we will truly rejoice in the beauty of each other.

...I went looking for my ideals outside of myself,

I discovered it's not what the world holds for you,

Its what you bring to it. The dreams dearest to my

heart are right here....


Anne


Link to the book on which the movie was based..
http://www.classicreader.com/booktoc.php/sid.1/bookid.78

No comments: