Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ray Of Hope

Today as I contemplated on the state of my life I realized how many regrets I had and how many things I wish I had done but didn't do. I wished I was back in college taking part in all the fun activities and making new friends that I could share of my life with, I wished I had been more sensitive to the needs of the people who were in my life and who are no more, I wished I had someone special to share my life with whom I could love with all my heart and soul and above all I wished I was healed of all the pain that I carry within me and truly feel the beauty that lies dormant inside of me. I realized that the only times I really feel at peace is when I sleep. I imagine myself floating on a peaceful cloud in heaven embraced with the love of all the angels and then I drift off to a blissful sleep. As I slept in the afternoon with these thoughts floating in my head I cried myself to a peaceful slumber. When I woke up I saw the most beautiful sight that made me feel happy and blessed.
There was a ray of light shining in my bedroom through my window and lighting up my meditation altar. Another regret I have had is that my house does not get any sunlight especially in the winters leaving me feeling cold. My previous house was facing away from the sun and that was one of the reasons I had moved into this house before winters but even in my new house the sun rarely shines. Today was the first time I saw sunlight in my house perhaps due to the shift in the spring where the sun's angle changes but having been without sun for an entire winter this was a great blessing but more than that it was a sign, a ray of hope from heaven that all my dreams would one day be filled and blessed in the light of heaven. It was my special ray of hope.

2 comments:

diana christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
diana christine said...

it is a symbol, too, representing new light entering your world and your life. you have new light...

lovely photograph. the streams of light falling onto the altar break the darkness and bring peace...a lovely image.